Do you have some extra time to kill and need another source of income? There are several ways to generate a secondary source of income without leaving the comfort of your own home. It’s surprising how many home employment opportunities exist. Anyone with a few hours to spare can earn extra money.
With the capabilities of the internet and associated technologies, working from home is a snap. Whether your talent is writing, graphics, building websites, or voiceover work, there’s no end to the amount of work available for a freelancer.
No matter what your skills might be, there’s always somebody out there looking for the value you have the audacity to offer.
Whether you’re in financial pain or just need an activity to fill your spare time, a secondary or part-time source of income could be the solution. Someone almost certainly has a need that fits your skillset perfectly. Find them and provide your services. It might be the most enjoyable money you’ll ever earn.
Check out these 17 easy ways to stay at home and earn money in your pajamas 🤣:
1. Become an Affiliate Marketer. You can start making money from home selling other people’s products and services, and you can really make BANK! Using your home laptop or computer all you need is:
- A Paypal account (to collect the money that you’ll be bringing in.
- A Clickbank account to find already selling products.
- A ClickFunnels account for you to start a mailing list and have a place to sell the products.
- Now start sending to family and friends, posting on social media for free, and reaching out to people who you think may benefit from your product or services in their DM. Once you make a few sales, start running paid advertising. You’ll be surprised with your outcome for sure.
2. Use Freelance Websites. There are so many opportunities for you to really earn some serious income today working from home using various freelance sites and there are so many of them. Like Fiverr, Upwork, PeoplePerHour, 99Designs, Envato, Gigster, TaskRabbit, Freelancer.com and more. Look, you can check out one of the many freelance websites to get started today! You don’t have to wait!
3. Start an eCommerce Website. Okay, if selling physical products is your thing you will love this. Now you can have products that you’ve personally created or you can go to AliExpress and find a product at wholesale price that you want to sell and add your fee on top! You can use Shopify, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, or WooCommerce to get started right now. And… you can find many e-commerce stores that don’t sell physical products like aRecruitmentStore.com which does like $10K per month in sales. Not bad right?
4. Become a Data Entry Hub. Most jobs pay for each entry rather than by the hour. It’s a great job if you have a few spare minutes here and there. It’s super flexible and can work around any schedule. With focus and fast fingers, you can generate a reasonable income. And, if you really want to expand and create a real business for yourself, you can hire other data-entry professionals and run a full-fledged business. The world is yours – never forget that.
5. Smart with the books? Become a Part-time Tutor. Tutors can make $30 per hour – or more. You might have to brush up on your geometry or Latin, but tutoring can be a lucrative way to spend your free time, and you get to really play a hand in shaping future generations.
6. Make Sales Calls For Businesses. There is one thing that every business needs to thrive and survive and that’s – Sales. You can from home make sales calls on behalf of small and large businesses helping to generate leads for them or to sell full-blown products and services. This awesome side-hustle can change your life almost instantly taking you from broke to private jet (okay, maybe not the jet, but you know where I’m going with this).
7. Become a Social Media Manager. With 3.48 billion social media users (at the time of the writing of this article) you can only imagine how important it is for every business to have a social media presence. You have the power to manage social media platforms for companies ensuring posts are being posted and that people are engaging with the posts to result in some sort of conversion of action. This is a SUPER lucrative business and can really turn into something more than just a small little side-hustle if done right. Give it a try!
8. Run Social Media Communities. Just like most businesses have a social media presence, many businesses (especially coaches) run social communities and build tribes around their products or brand. They need people to moderate these groups and to engage with the community and create initiatives to keep the community going when the owners are not around. This is a job you can take with you around the world because it’s mobile-friendly. Think of all you can do with this level of freedom!
9. Schedule Blog & Podcast Interviews For Hosts, Stations, Coaches and other types of businesses. This is a side-hustle that many people don’t think about but hosts, stations, businesses and coaches run blogs, podcasts, and other events and they need to connect with guests and influencers to be guests on their shows. You can be the person to do this. Get paid weekly, monthly, or per guest booked. Easy wins! Fast cash! Lots of flexibility! Go get em!
10. Rent out a room – (AirBnB). If you have the space to spare, rent out a room. A good roommate can be a blessing and help you cover the bills. It might help your social life, too.
11. Become a Translator. Are you skilled in a second language? There are many opportunities to translate conversations and documents. While certifications are required to translate for large companies and government agencies, they’re totally unnecessary for translating a love letter or a conversation on Skype.
12. Host a party. There are parties for Tupperware, Bedroom Kandi, Mary K, Avon, candles, and numerous other types of products. While these parties are typically held in the homes of others, host the parties yourself. You could also allow your friends to use your home as a party location, and then keep a percentage of the profits.
13. Sell ad space on a personal blog. Create a blog and then sell ads on your website. You can sell the ad space directly or sign up with Google Adsense. With Google, they’ll post relevant ads for you, and you’ll receive money whenever someone clicks on the ad.
14. Start a Recruiting Business. Finding great employees for companies who are looking for someone specific is a VERY lucrative part-time / work-from-home business model that you can implement in a few short weeks. Companies pay TOP DOLLAR for great talent. This business model can start out part-time but end-up a legacy business.
15. Write Content For Companies. Every business owner needs content. Content for their website, social media messages, email messages – you name it, and the business needs the right content to make magic happen. That’s where you can come in. If you’re an amazing writer, use your skillset to write your way to a few extra hundred dollars per week! Right?!!
16. Become a Virtual Assistant. Sooooo many companies need an extra hand around the business to help them do all of the things that they need to do. If you’re super organized, sharp, and do well with a computer, becoming a virtual assistant might be a great fit for you. You can earn great cash and work really flexible hours. And…this is one of those businesses where you have the ability to easily scale by hiring other VA’s to support larger clients. Great stuff right!
17. Become a Resume Writer. Listen, if you want to find one of the easiest at-home businesses to start, a resume writing business is it. You can take a short class on how to write the perfect resume that will get people hired, then you only focus on writing resumes for the field of work that you’re currently in. Why? Because you know that industry and it will be easier for you to articulate what the person does on the resume. Then later, if you’re smart, you’ll use the niche network you’ve built writing resumes to start a niche recruitment and staffing business, but that’s a whole nother article…lol!
Okay, so many of these require little startup costs and only require your time and ingenuity. And guess what? You can do them all, but you only need to find one that truly resonates with you. Once you’ve found one that pique’s your interest, you can download the MoPlan Do mobile app to guide you through the steps of actually seeing your vision come to life. What are you waiting for – start the path to earning extra cash right now!